JOIN US ON THE 15TH OF NOVEMBER!
How can you as a music therapist participate in the European Music Therapy Day on the 15th of November 2017?
- First: think about the best way you'd like to present your work. Is it an 'open house' ? Do you want people to come in and have a look, or do you want to play together? Is it possible in your field of work field that clients contribute to the event? And in what appropiate way can you organise this?
- Try to find colleagues or friends (musicians?) to join in and make it a special happening.
- All activities on or near the 15th of November can be considered as 'music therapy day events' (within a week before or after the 15th).
- All activities must be sent to your EMTC country representative before we can mention them on this website, just to be sure they're activities organised by music therapists.
- You can find the address of your country representative on website www.emtc-eu.com.
- Make use of social media: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter (hashtags #musictherapyday, #hearingyourvoice and of course #musictherapy).
- Get media exposure on (local) television and radio.
- Connect a national celebrity or artist to this day.
HEARING YOUR VOICE
Hearing your voice is our theme this year. In music therapy we listen to the many voices of our clients. We invite clients to express themselves, to explore their experiences through the use of their voices and by playing musical instruments, so that they can be heard as people and be helped in coping with problems.
We’d like to send out a warm invitation to you, to make your voice heard. As music therapists we want to show everyone the power of connecting through music and the ways in which this can help people, who for whatever reasons are 'stuck', to make steps towards greater wellbeing.
Send in a very short film, a teaser for the day!
Don't wait, you can start making this film right now. We will post the films on the website and spread them through Facebook and Twitter.
THEME SONG 'Hearing your voice'
The theme song for the fourth European Music Therapy Day is (also) called 'Hearing your voice'.
Download the lyrics and chords (soon to be posted) here. You can listen to this song (soon to be posted) here.
What can you do with this song?
- This song can be used for all 'Sounds of Change' activities. Of course you can translate it into your own language, you can also use it as a framework for improvisations.
- We are planning to make a connection with different countries on European music therapy day. If you organise an event, and at the same time there is an activity in another country, we can link them together. We will connect through skype, listen to each others music and react in a musical way to the music we hear. Due to a delay in the sound through skype it's diffficult to really play together, but in this way we can try to get as close as possible!
- Contact your country representative if you want to join in!